We know that letting a property can seem like a bit of a daunting prospect and the chances are, this is the first time you’ve ever done anything like this. The last thing you need whilst at University is any undue stress, so we keep things simple. We take a modern approach to letting a property and avoid any unnecessary processes and paperwork. Take a look at what you’ll need to do if you like the look of one of our properties.
1. Call or email us to arrange a viewing. We recommend that everyone in your group comes along.
2. Once you’re sure that you’ve found the perfect property, we'll send you some important info about the application process and what it'll entail for you, your housemates and your Guarantor (document available to download below). You can then reserve your property by paying your non refundable holding payment. We work strictly on a first-come-first-served basis - It’s the fairest way.
3. Complete and return/upload your individual application forms, along with the relevant ID - for yourself and your guarantor - within 7 days of paying your holding fee. Your application form can be downloaded.
4. Return/upload your ‘Joint and Several’ Tenancy Agreement and the individual Guarantor Agreements within 7 days of returning the application forms. Examples of both documents can be downloaded - we'll send you the proper version via email.
5. Pay your security deposit and first months’ rent on the date we all agree from the outset. We recommend spreading the payments between your two Student Loan instalments (January and May).
We are here to help you every step of the way. We’ve been in your shoes – so we know what you’re going through! Have a look at our FAQ section for some more answers.
SO, WHAT WOULD WE NEED TO PAY?
Before moving in to one of our properties, you'd need to pay;
- A non-refundable holding payment of £250pp. This is used to reserve your chosen property and confirms your commitment to the property. The money is then deducted from your first months' rent when your tenancy starts.
- A security deposit of £125pp. Once paid, the deposit is then sent off to the Deposit Protection Service where it stays until the end of your tenancy. The deposit is then refunded to you at the end of the tenancy, provided you've looked after the property well and your rent is up to date
- The first rent. The rent will most likely be half price for July and August, so you'd need to pay that before you move in (don't forget, your holding payment will cover some of this).
We bet you can't find any properties like ours with such low start up costs! Think we're too good to be true? Don't just take our word for it - check out our reviews
*Quick note - some properties may vary from the details noted above, so be sure to check.